Saturday, September 13, 2008

worn out and fabulous

i suddenly remember what it is to be tired. not only sleepy-tired, but that lower back pain that plagued me during my brief waitressing stint--it has returned. (shudder) but i'd much rather be on my feet for the sake of retail than for the sake of waitressing--i think...so far

and despite the fact that i squeezed in a two-hour outdoor zumba-thon in between two five-hour shifts at Lifeway, and despite the fact that my kiddies have already shared a few of their cooties with me, i feel quite good about things! i've already become reasonably competent on the cash register at the bookstore, my schedule is going to be busy but quite manageable, i keep having exciting thoughts about the possibility of a journalistic future, my bad haircut is starting to grow out a bit, and the tar heels won by a LOT this week.

imagine how i'll feel when i finally get a pay check again!

the only bad news--i'm not going to be able to make it to chapel hill next weekend :( it looks like i'll be working a lot of fridays & saturdays, and as much as i wanted to see everyone, i hardly think asking off on my second week would be in my best interest. hope to see y'all for late night in october--which coincidentally falls a few days after my 23rd birthday :) maybe in a month or so i will have earned enough brownie points to ask off. until then, all my love & prayers!

No comments: