Saturday, October 4, 2008

goings-on

apologies for the lack of posts this week. i haven't been terribly busy--just lazy & mildly uninteresting. several things of note did happen this week, however:

  • I signed up for the GRE! This feels like a big step. I'm strongly considering this grad school in VA I mentioned, so here's step one in the process. I'm thankful to have the time to prepare & hope to do well. And the five-year score window will help me keep my options open.
  • I met with a life coach this week! God granted me this opportunity to work through some of my thoughts about my life & the future with a woman still in school for this profession. In exchange for being her "guinea pig," I get to experience this for free!
  • I had my skin cancer spot cut out yesterday. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, but now I'm feeling like someone karate-chopped my shoulder. Boo. But I am proud of myself for having my first set of stitches :) It was funny yesterday how the doctor warned me several times how this procedure was going to leave a scar on my shoulder--funny both because he was telling me despite the fact he was going to do it anyway, and funny because I genuinely don't care to the slightest degree about having a new mark on my back. It really doesn't bother me--I even think it will add character, more bragging rights in a game of scar stories. But then I started thinking if he found me odd, since I have spent years of my life coming to see him concerning the appearance on my face. Weird that I care so very much about the one instance and not about the other. Food for thought I suppose.
Okay, enough for now. I'd like to write about some thoughts I've been having about the church, and my church experience in general. Hopefully I'll get that up on Monday because I am out of school with my kiddies!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Whitney! That's pretty cool that you got to meet with a life coach. Sounds like it was an interesting experience.

Are you still in the Charlotte area? If so, where are you going to church? Just wondering since you mentioned your church experience. Hope you are doing well!

Amanda said...

question: what's a life coach?

Whitney said...

Kristen--I go to a church called Light of Christ UMC. I'm about to make my promised post for more on that...

Amanda--To the best of my knowledge, a life coach is a person in the field of psychology/counseling, but focusing specifically on helping someone make the most out of life. Haha, I'll let you know more as I continue through the experience :)