Friday, February 6, 2009

BIG NEWS

here's the news, you'll hear it here first (unless you're facebook stalking me of course):

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED TO CANDLER SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY AT EMORY!!!

Hooray! This totally blindsided me because my application wasn't fully complete until this past Monday, the deadline. I had most of my materials in several weeks ago, but was missing a couple of references..so I didn't expect a decision so quickly, but there you go!

and...it gets better:

I've been invited as one of thirty-six selected applicants to attend "Leadership Candler" where I'll be interviewed for big time merit scholarships!! God is so good! And I'm just on cloud nine, absolutely, because suddenly, in the span of a few hours, I'm not only accepted to Candler, but have scheduled a scholarship visit, airfare, accommodations, and meals included. A million things are running through my mind, like--"okay I have to ask off work for a few days, but surely my boss(es) will understand for this reason" and "well, maybe sunny southern Atlanta WOULD be better than Boston" and "do I have enough business casual outfits for 2.5 days of meet & greets with faculty bigwigs and interview committees?" and "wow, is this really happening to me?"

my visit is scheduled for March 1-3, less than a month away! who knows what else will come out of the woodwork between now & then, what with 3 other applications being out & about--but this first bit of news back is extremely exciting and encouraging! perhaps pieces of my future are slowly falling into place as we speak. and i know whatever happens, God will truly guide and provide for all the journeys i am preparing to take.

1 comment:

SarahJean said...

Hunny that is great! I can't wait to see you and hear all about it :)