Thursday, August 13, 2009

re-entry, day 2

i'm not tired--it's a novel feeling. i have slept so much & done a whole lot of nothing over the past 2 days, and i think my body is thanking me. it's also thanking me for the exercise (one class each of zumba and cardio funk--yes!!) and the non-youthworks diet.

but i keep turning around and wanting to tell things to katy & liz & jake. and they aren't there. who else would understand about the underwear on the clothesline or the Boots face or the million other things I want to tell them? because i was telling them anything & everything nearly 24 hours a day for the last 2 months. even surrounded by family, i feel lonely without my constant companions.

and i have to remember to lock my car doors. and know that i won't be at Swan Quarter Baptist on any more Wednesday nights. no more waffle Thursdays or Martelle's on the weekends. if life inside Hyde County is crazy & eccentric, being shoved back into life outside it is just as insane. why won't anyone wave to me as we drive past one another on the road anymore?!

but readjustment is good in many ways--my eyebrows are plucked! i'm moving to Atlanta next Saturday. i've got an interview for a work study position as an office assistant with the American Academy of Religion. i'm getting my haircut on Saturday. i've been to the gym! i talked to my 2 best ex-roomies today & am having breakfast in the morning with one of my closest & oldest friends. i got to laugh with my brother over dinner last night. i'm starting grad school in less than 2 weeks & i'm getting excited about it again!

life just keeps moving, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kool said...

I know exactly what you mean about being lonely in the midst of everything. But you're right. Life keeps up a clipping pace and we are all adjusting back to normal life. Remembering all of real life's rules is tiring. Real life is crazy in its own way too!(though it feels amazing to not be exhausted anymore!)

I love the part of getting back into touch with friends and family too! God is so good. Good to hear that everything is going well!