Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 5: On Re-prioritizing

I had the day off today, so I have no excuse for it being 10:20 (bedtime!) and I'm just now sitting down to write this blog entry. I had, of course, good intentions to write it earlier...but then didn't. I think I'm realizing this project is going to be a little harder than I thought. I am actually going to have to work to make changes in my daily schedule to have time to write. Today, I had plenty of time. Sure, I had things to do--errands, church work, small group, exercise--but I didn't use the free time I did have productively.

I think I'm still in a post-grad school rebellion phase where if I don't "have" to do something, then I'm just not going to do it. I'm going to read, or waste time on the computer, or doze in front of CNN while making a grocery list. I need to rediscover the intrinsic motivation of prioritizing the healthier, self-edifying, productive behaviors over the lazy and relaxing ones.

Tomorrow, a lectionary reflection--promise! And I still have several stories from my students piled up from last week that I haven't yet shared (involving sharks and zombies, among other things). Better blogging to come--this discipline will get better!

1 comment:

a grateful heart i give said...

I can't wait to read all of these when it's not after midnight :)