Thursday, April 2, 2009

Emory it is!

I've made my decision--I'm going to Emory for divinity school this fall! I feel so confident and sure in this decision, and it's a great feeling!

Boston just wasn't it, and very clearly so. It's a neat city & a great school, but just wasn't the right fit for me in terms of what the school had to offer and other incidentals (ie THE COLD)--though being in close proximity to Kristen Greenholt almost persuaded me ;) And of course, while I was in Boston, Princeton Sem. finally sent me a letter...but in the words of one of my peers in the same situation, you snooze, you lose.

I was also given great peace, as I was sitting in the chapel service at BU, about pursuing ordination. All at once, God just quieted my anxious heart. That's not to say many hours of prayers and tears, and many steps of faith aren't ahead of me, but I have started to let go of my fears and embraced the future God is planning for me.

It's so exciting to know where the next three years of that future will be spent! ATLANTA!

2 comments:

Kristen G said...

Thanks for the shout-out! It was great to see you!!! Congrats on making the decision and have a blast in Atlanta! :-D

Unknown said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you, Whitney! It'll be nice, also, for you to be in the South--perhaps that means that I could see you at least on occasion when I'm in NC to visit my mom. :o)